Spice Bag recipe, nothing accompanies a Spice Bag better then a tub of curry sauce!
Here are some easy and mostly syn free curry sauce recipes.
Mushy Pea Curry Sauce
This can be a bit like marmite some people love it and some people will not even dare to make it.
If you are brave enough to give it a go you will be pleasantly surprised that it taste nothing like mushy peas and is a very mild tasting curry.
1 tin of mushy peas
1 tin of baked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatos
1-2 spoonfuls of syn free medium curry powder ( check sw app)
- Empty all tins into a saucepan and heat through
- Add in curry powder and mix
- Curry can be served as is or blended until smooth
LovelyGirlyBits has a recipe that includes more speed food and spices to give it more flavor. Check it out!
Simple Tomato Based Curry
If I decide to add curry to my dishes last minute then I always use this recipe. It is like a quick version of my Madras Recipe.
1 small onion, peeled and diced finely
1 garlic clove, crushed with garlic crusher
450g of passata
1tsp of turmeric
1tsp of coriander
1tsp of chilli powder
1tsp of cumin seeds/powder
1tsp of garam masala
4-6 tsp of water
- Saute the onion and garlic in frylight on low heat.
- Add in spices and saute for another 2 minutes
- Add in passata and water and bring to a boil
- Once boiled, turn down to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half (if you do not want to reduce it that's fine, I just like my curry to be a little thicker.)
Chip shop curry
This recipe looks exactly like curry you get with a chipper dinner and is not too far off in taste either. This recipe is not syn free but with only 3.5 syns of flour and this can serve up to 4 people you can basically count just 1 syn.*
500ml of chicken stock
2-3 tbsp of syn free curry powder*
1 small onion, diced finely
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 carrot, diced finely
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp of flour
- In a saucepan, saute the onions and carrots and garlic in frylight.
- After 5 minutes add in curry powder and bay leaf.
- Add a few more sprays of frylight, remove pan from heat, add in flour and mix.
- Return to heat and slowly add in stock, constantly stirring.
- Stir until all flour has dissolved and bring to boil.
- Once boiled return to simmer and reduce until desired consistency.
- Curry can be served as is(bay leaf removed), sieved to removed veg, or blended(blending will change colour slightly).
So here are my curry sauce recipes, of coarse there are many other recipes out there, even on the Slimming World website. As always I tailor my recipes to my Lactose Free diet.
*Always Double Check Syn Values in the Slimming World Book/Website.