Tuesday 4 August 2015

Slimming World Week 8 update- 1/2 Stone Award


Stepping on the scales last night I had no idea what to expect, when a -3 popped up on the screen to say I was delighted is an understatement. After my ups and downs over the past few weeks, getting my first half stone award is an amazing feeling. I am now down eight pounds and well on my way to my stone award. This week I changed up what I was eating, I listened to my body and ate what I wanted. This week my body wanted carbs and I ate carbs by the bucket load!

The great thing about the Slimming World plan is that there is little or no restrictions. You can eat as much carbs as you want following the Extra Easy plan. There is also no time restricts e.g no eating past 7pm or any weighing involved so you can eat as much or as little carbs as you feel you need. In last week Slimming World Post I mentioned how with my insulin resistance Doctor had told me to avoid carbs where possible, so when I started Slimming World I was a little frightened of carbs, from week 2 I started including Sp days into my week. I feared that eating carbs throughout the week would have a negative effect on the scales come Monday, by Fridays I would switch from Extra Easy to Sp. Some weeks I lost one or two pounds with a few maintains thrown in. I was chipping away and content with it as I stated last week my journey will be a slow one.

I had no plan start of the week, as I said I just listened to my body and gave it what it wanted. I thoroughly enjoyed my week and all the food I consumed. I kept my syns to about 6/7 a day with one day of using my full 15 syns. Slimming World should never feel restrictive and if you food optimise 100% it never will. This week I ate crisps, had Chinese and wine. As long as you stay within syns then it will show on the scales.

I stayed the whole week on the Extra Easy plan, and as you can see my result was better then ever, -3 pound brought me up to 8 pound loss over all and got rid of my nasty one pound gain from last week.

You will find my instagram dedicated solely to my Slimming World Journey here. I post all my meals here and my weekly weigh ins. Below is just some of the delicious meals I ate during the week
 

So fellow Slimming Worlders how was your week? Did you get what you wanted on the scales?
Let me know in the comments below.
Do not forget to check back on Friday for another delicious Slimming World friendly recipe.

Remember you are in a race with nobody. Enjoy your journey, treat yourself and if you have a bad day/week remember tomorrow is a new day and all you have to do is pick yourself up and start a fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...