As before Friday is all about food on the blog , and even though I may be on Slimming World my food is still as adventurous as ever.
The original recipe was featured in Slimming World's Magazine in May, it had a syn value of 1 for the whole dish. I tweaked mine to omit syns to make mine completely syn free. This dish is extremely easy to make, as well as been perfect for sharing. so grab a few mates around and dish this up they will have no idea its a Slimming World recipe.
250g of lean mince(5% or under)
1 tin of kidney beans
1 tin of plum/chopped tomato's
1 beef stock cube
1 tsp of tomato paste
1 carrot grated or chopped finely
1 onion chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno chili
70g of grated cheese
2/3 large potato's, peeled and chipped into large wedges
1 tsp of chili flakes
1 tsp of Cajun spice
1 tsp of mixed herbs
1 or 2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of smoked paprika
- Par boil the potato's for 3 minutes in boiling water, drain and place on a chip tray and evenly spray with Fry light one cal spray. Pop in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Shake at 15 minutes.
- In a non stick frying pan brown off the mince, when it is evenly brown add in onions and garlic and saute on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in crumbled up beef stock cube and spice mix and tomato paste, give a good mix around the pan, evenly coating the meat and vegetables.
- Add in tomato's and kidney beans(juice and all) with the grated carrot. Bring to the boil constantly stirring and then leave to simmer for about 15 minutes or so, until it thickens up.
- When the chips are finished remove from the oven and arrange them around the outside of the oven dish( like the picture above).
- Place the chili in the centre of the dish. On top of the chili throw on the chopped jalapeno ( seeded or deseeded) and evenly sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place under the grill or back into hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve! Enjoy!
This recipe serves two people, can easily be altered to serve more.
Vegetables can be altered to suit your own preferences.
Hotness of the dish is up to you this recipe is on the milder side of things just up the quantities on the spice mixture to make it more spicy.
1/2 of the Dish: Free on Extra Easy using HEXA
If not using cheese as HEXA then 35g of reduced fat cheese is 5-6 syns do check on your Slimming World app or with your Consultant.